Consulting Sourcing Made Easy
As companies focus on core we observe a growing number of procurement spend categories. Progress has been made in IT, Legal and Marketing but there is one category of professional service that still makes you wonder : management consulting.
Management consulting is a category extremely difficult to address with one size fits all procurement solutions. It requires a more customized approach for at least several steps of the consulting procurement process.
Over the years we have been developing our own customized solutions to support our consulting sourcing activities.
We thought it was time to bring them all under one unified platform and to offer this new platform to the businesses eager to professionally manage their consulting category.
The End to End Consulting Digital Procurement Software
Everything you need to optimize your consulting spend in one place. Best in class platform designed by consulting procurement experts for consulting procurement professionals.
Equip your procurement teams with state of the art capabilities to Scope Requirement, Find Consultants, Negotiate contracts and gain visibility to Reduce Costs and more importantly add More Value.
Take the consulting procurement from a traditional cost center to a strategic value creation lever by optimizing the E2E process with a category specific expertise. Consource can help you every step of the way.
Scoping & Approvals
- Formalize all the requirements for your projects to cover all the key areas required for a consulting project.
- Collaborate with colleagues and use our AI powered RFP wizard and our library of RFP templates.
- Build the case to get your project approved and cross check with Consulting Strategy guidelines.
- Manage the validation workflow to ensure consistency with your Consulting Category Strategy.
- Identify the key characteristics your ideal consultant should meet to deliver on your project (expertise, location, language, ….).
- Start creating your shortlist of providers by adding your existing list of preferred consulting firms
- Supplement it with relevant alternatives thanks to the integration with Conavigo enabling an immediate access to more than 4000 consulting firms .
- Invite consultants to your project, get NDAs signed, and share your request for proposal
Collaboration & Selection
- Collaborate easily during the entire process with both your internal team and the consulting firms.
- Share documents and get the answers in a dedicated collaborative workspace and chat board.
- Compare proposals easily, ensure that key deliverables and compliance requirements are covered.
- Score collaboratively all proposals, align all stakeholders and select the preferred consulting firm
- Generate statements of work (SoW) in no time thanks to our library of templates, your standard terms and the requirements from the RFP
- Collaborate on line to finalize the agreement, execute using electronic signature and take control with your own terms and conditions
- Store all documents (RFP, Proposal, Project deliverables, SoW, NDA, T&C) in your own private library.
- Manage the life cycle of the contract when projects events arise (scope change, timeline extension, …)
- Evaluate and Manage performance on a project using our standardized metrics and ConpasTM methodology .
- Capture the Impact, Savings and ROI estimations for each project as well as other metrics.
- Get balanced scorecards for each consulting firm in your portfolio down, in real time .
- Gather seamlessly meaningful data on strengths, weaknesses, areas for improvement and get insights for your next negotiation.
Impact & Spend Analysis
- Understand in real time where and how you spend your Consulting Budget. What is happening and where it is happening.
- Make sure you optimize your spend to accelerate your strategy. Identify opportunities for consolidation, substitution, synergies and other cost savings.
- Identify the areas and departments where you are getting the best returns, where you overinvest and maybe underinvest.
- Access rates and performance benchmarks from similar industries and similar projects thanks to the Conpulse community.
- Listen, Analyze and Improve with the leading Performance Management System for Consulting Services.
- Identify Strengths and Weaknesses of your Consultants and your Project Managers.
- Define improvement plans, track progress against agreed milestones and increase collaboration.
- Use your Consulting Providers on the right projects and identify when its time to change.
Consulting Category Strategy
- Define your goals and priorities, identify the key projects or project areas where using consultants will accelerate your strategic objectives and create the biggets impact.
- Identify the capabilities and expertise you will need to execute your strategic roadmap and adjust your panel of preferred providers.
- Guide your teams towards the key actions supporting your strategy, and conversely indicate areas where a lower effort should be engaged-
- Set the rules for decision making and make or buy implementation (make, buy, hybrid execution models) –
See Consource in action
Categories such as logistics, software licensing, professional services, and telecom have been shown to deliver above average returns when they are managed more holistically with a higher level of contextualized expertise.
Streamline your processes. Thanks to an intelligent and intuitive interface do everything faster and better. Let us take handle the heavy lifting and focus on what matters.
Select consultants you can trust, Check their expertise, thought leadership and ratings from former clients. Involve key stakeholders in the decisions for a transparent data driven decision making.
Collaborate in real time. Engage internal team members. Exchange with consulting firms. Get access to insights from our community of users. All this is a secure environment.
Find the right consulting firms to maximize the impact. Reduce costs by creating relevant competitions. Maximize your return on investment and value creation.
Security & Compliance
Self Service Portals
Bring your consulting sourcing to the next level with Consource
the #1 Consulting Digital Procurement Software.
Why select Consource ?
Integrated Suite with Modular Solutions
Consource is the #1 suite for Consulting Sourcing. We designed the suite, integrating all the steps of the process. However each module is available separately.
Tailored for the Consulting Category
We focus exclusively on the Consulting Sector. Consource was designed at first by the Consulting Quest team for their own needs. Designed by experts so that you don’t have to be one.
Powered by the largest Consulting Databank in the world
Consource is integrated with Conavigo. The largest guidance platform for consulting. We have already mapped 4000 firms, 1.2M consultants and we keep learning from the community.
Built to both reduce costs and maximize value
Creating relevant competition with the right tier of consultants will drive material savings. Working with the right consultants will maximize the impact. The combination of both will drive value.
Leveraging the power of the smart consulting sourcing community
Templates, Insights, Rate Cards, Knowledge Base, Q&A, Consultants Ratings. The community makes you stronger.
Designed with Confidentiality & Security as priorities
We take the security of your data very seriously and partner with the best in the market for authentication, encryption and storage to ensure they remain safe.
See Consource in action
The History of Consulting goes a long way back. It is holistically intertwined with the growing needs of businesses, shaped by industrial developments worldwide. The 8 defining stages in the history of consulting are crucial to where consulting is now, and besides, the future of consulting seems to be in safe hands.
A maturity grid, also known as a maturity model, is a simple yet effective tool used to measure an organization's progress along a specific goal.
An RFP for consulting services is a document that contains all the information about the project, client's expectations, and requirements. It is an important part of the selection process because it provides a clear scope of work to consultants and helps them decide if they want to take on this particular project. The RFP should present the...
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use only some modules ?
- Consource started with only Performance Management we progressively added modules to create the full suite.
- Even though the digital procurement software is fully integrated each module can be used separately.
- You can select to use only the RFP wizard, the integration with Conavigo for sourcing, or the Performance Management Module.
- The workflows can be customized to adjust to your process. As such you can decide to activate or not the demand management functionalities.
- In short, you decide on what part of the process you want to use in Consource, almost everything can be switched on and off
How do you ensure Security & Confidentiality ?
- We know that we are dealing with very sensitive data and we have designed Consource to secure confidentiality
- We have heavily invested to ensure state of the art security features: Multiple factor authentication, Data Encryption, Web servers firewalls
- We are compliant with the latest regulations: GDPR, Privacy Shield.
- All benchmark information and community insights are anonymized and scrubbed.
- In short, we protect your information as if it was our own.
How long does it take to source consultants ?
- You are in control of the process and you set the milestones. Depending on your requirements and selectivity you can indeed go pretty fast.
- From the moment our clients start a project request in Consource to the moment they actually contract with the consultants and start the project we observe on average 2 to 4 weeks
- Half of this time is usually on the consultant side to understand the projects and prepare a proposal. That part is hard to compress.
Are you handling payments ?
- No, we are not. As it would be quite redundant with your own systems.
- Once a contract is set up you will process the order to pay through your own process and ERP/PTP solution
- As part of our roadmap, we plan to develop integrations with mainstream ERPs and Procure to Pay solutions
What is the size of your consulting network ?
- We rely on a continuously growing network of consulting firms.
- Through Conavigo, we have mapped 4000 Consulting firms over 18 046 offices in 216 Countries. We have classified their experience across 154 Capabilities and 150 Industries.
- Each time we identify a new consultancy or a client brings us a new company they would like to work with; we integrate it into our mapping.
- We tend to manage the network of independent consultants on a private separate database to avoid overcrowding the options but using independents is also possible.
What if I want help with my sourcing ?
- Consource is the app we use for our own needs for consulting sourcing.
- If you need help beyond the standard support, there is always the possibility to ask for help at any stage :
- Curating a list of potential consultants,
- Scoping your RFP,
- Negotiating your SoW,
- Leveraging your Spend Analytics,
- Working on your Consulting utilization Strategy
- Our Conpaas teams will be happy to assist you with your projects
How does Consource interface with our existing solutions ?
- In short, it does not. But we carefully designed Consource to minimize the interface points.
- Meanwhile, our digital procurement software provides all up-to-date information in an organized manner.
- Integrations with ERPs, PTP solutions, and SRMs are part of our roadmap.
Is there a module for contingent workforce management ?
- Consource is designed to help with Consulting Procurement.
- For the time being, we have decided to focus on the strategic sourcing part of the process and have not integrated the Procure to Pay part and do not handle payments or interfaces with ERPs for issuing and processing orders.
- A module will be added in the future if demand justifies.
Do you have more questions about Consource, our digital procurement software for Consulting? Contact us!
Want to discuss about your next project?
Book a meeting, Ask for a Call Back or Chat with us on line. You can also drop by for a coffee but there is no button for that.