What are The Benefits ?
Our clients save on average 30% on all their projects while using Consulting Procurement as a Service. How much would this mean for your consulting budget ?
Higher Impact & Lower Risks
Working with the right consultants allows you to achieve a greater and faster impact.
Our Consulting Procurement process has been optimized for speed and quality. We always meet the timelines we commit to.
Want to check what could be the benefits for you ?
How We Help
Debriefing with non selected consultants
RFI / RFP Preparation
Project Performance Assessment
How We Do It
The key word is Collaboration, after that its very flexible
Decide what is the depth of our involvement
- Perform all your Consulting Procurement activities OR work a la carte on specific ones
- Work as an advisor OR as a full member of your team
- Work remotely OR on premises
- Get involved OR not in negotiations
Leverage our proprietary databases, tools, methods and systems
Usually dedicate a team of 2 Consulting specialists per account (sourcing expert and analyst)
Align with your internal processes and governance
Operate on a global basis to have the right proximity
Some Success Stories in Consulting Procurement
Developing an industrial blueprint & driving efficiency in operations.
The client was looking for support to define the principles to optimize the manufacturing and supply chain organizations.
Implementing Change Management to embrace a new strategy
The client wanted some consulting support to ensure a proper buy-in, reduce the transition phase and accelerate the ramp-up of the new organization.
Analyzing the Reconfiguration of the Value Chain post Oil Crisis
The Analysis should cover the evolution of the value chain, the strategies of the stakeholders, the evolution of the value pools as part of an outside process.
We believe in collaboration and complementarity. You bring your expertise in your business; we bring our expertise in consulting sourcing.
Your business is our priority, and we seamlessly integrate with your teams, taking into account your organization and culture.
We draw on our extensive knowledge of the category, the methodologies, and the tools we have developed over the years and team up with you to deliver outstanding results.
For businesses looking to use consulting to accelerate their strategy leveraging while containing costs Consulting Procurement as a Service is an ace in your sleeve.
Why working With Us ?
We know the category inside out and can find excellent consulting firms for any project anywhere on the globe.
With teams all over the globe we are able to operate anywhere our clients need us.
Human to Human
We believe that humans still outperform platforms to grasp the subtleties of consulting.
We have developed proprietary methodologies and systems to address the specificities of consulting procurement
We inform all our searches with data coming from our extensive profiling databank and performance metrics from former clients.
Focusing on savings only can be deceiving, we aim for value creation as a combination of impact and savings.
We act as a trusted 3rd party, allowing our clients to remain anonymous until late in the consulting procurement process.
Our teams are mixing seasoned sourcing professionals and former consultants with decades of experience.
Latest Insights on Consulting Procurement
Supplier Relationship Management for Consulting: The Definitive Guide (2023)
Supplier relationship management is a critical piece of the puzzle when it comes to running a successful business. No matter how well you’ve streamlined operations on your end, if the link in the supply chain that connects you to your supplier isn’t functioning, it can have real-world consequences for your enterprise.
How to Negotiate with Consultants: The Definitive Guide (2023)
Negotiating with consultants can be a tricky endeavor, but it is possible to come out successful if you approach it with the right attitude. To give yourself the best chance of getting a favorable outcome in your negotiations, it’s important to do your research first and understand both the consultant's needs and potential solutions for meeting those needs.
Supply Chain Trends You Should Know in 2023
The modern business landscape is highly reliant on supply chains, which require constant attention and optimization to keep operations running smoothly. To effectively adapt to the changing consumer demands and disruptions bred by the COVID-19 pandemic, it is essential for businesses stay informed on supply chain trends and the latest statistics.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference with a Marketplace ?
- We should be considered as part of your team. We are human partners working with you to optimizing the scope, identify the characteristics of the ideal consulting firm for a given project.
- We do not have a limited set of consulting firms to propose (the supply side in marketplace lingo). We have an open-sourcing philosophy. We will find the right consulting firms wherever they are.
- With us, your contract is between you and the consultant only. We do not act as a middleman. With a marketplace, your contract and pay the marketplace. The marketplace will then release the funds to the consultants.
- Marketplaces tend to have an effective model for the contingent workforce or small contracts as they rely on a network of independents and boutiques. We tend to be more suited for larger projects.
- Well, as if this was not enough …. our services tend to be at least half the price. Now the call is yours.
Who is managing the contracts with the consultants ?
- We are there to facilitate the consulting procurement process end to end. We provide methodology & advice. We take ownership of some actions as specified.
- However, unless requested otherwise, the contractual relationship remains between the client and the consulting firm.
- This clarifies who is answering to whom and the associated accountabilities and liabilities.
How long does it take to source consultants ?
- Our consulting procurement processes are designed to optimize both speed and quality.
- Our projects usually last between 2 and 4 weeks. However, we can usually meet any stretch target.
- If you need something faster contact us and we will find a solution together.
What is the cost of your services ?
- We tend to work on a value-sharing basis. As we generate on average 30% of savings, we charge a portion of this.
- Depending on volumes, the amount can vary. But the prime logic is that even after our fees, you keep the lion’s share of the savings.
- Connect with us to discuss how we would customize this to your specific case.
What consulting firms do you work with ?
- We work with all kinds of consulting firms. Through Improveo, we have mapped 4000+ Consulting firms with over 19000+ offices in 216 Countries. We have classified their experience across 154 Capabilities and 150 Industries.
- We have been working with all sizes and typologies of consulting firms on all kinds of assignments, from classic strategy projects for blue-chip companies to building business plans for the relocation of Native American tribes in Alaska.
- Given the nature of our work, we tend to focus on consulting firms more than independents. But if your project is more suited to an independent consultant, we will find candidates as well.
Can you also work with our incumbent consultants ?
- Your success is our priority. If your incumbents are among the best for your project, sure they should participate in the RFP.
- We have an open-sourcing policy, this includes the consultants we know, those you know, and those we don’t know yet but will go after if we need to.
- Sometimes we even recommend involving the incumbents as it also shows how much is saved with our methodologies.
If I use Improveo, do I really need Conpaas ?
- Yes, or No, depending on your needs and appetite for doing things yourself.
- Improveo will help you to find consulting firms. connect with them and invite them to projects
- If you want more than this or if you want a professional search, Conpaas (Consulting Procurement as a Service) is the way to go.
- Example of Conpaas activities not included in Improveo: Helping on RFPs, Contacting Firms in Full Confidentiality, Aligning internal stakeholders, Driving the RFP process, Checking references
- If you want to do your Consulting Procurement yourself, you may want to take a look at our Consource digital solution to complement Improveo.
Can you help me to build a list of preferred providers ?
- In short, Yes, we can. But you should know that Conpaas (Consulting Procurement as a Service) is more suited for sourcing projects and not managing the category.
- If you want to build a panel, establish frame contracts, monitor the performance, drive improvements, align with the strategy and update the panel to accommodate future needs, we recommend that you check our consulting solution.
Do you have more questions? Contact us!
Discover the New Way to Buy Consulting, with the largest guidance platform and thousands of consulting firms at your fingertips.
The E2E digital suite to manage the consulting category, demand management, RFPs, sourcing, performance ….
Work with expert consultants to increase the maturity of your sourcing process by implementing best practices from demand to performance management
Need to connect faster?
Book a meeting, Ask for a Call Back or Chat with us on line. You can also drop by for a coffee but there is no button for that.